Caustic Soda 30% w/w
Need Something Else?
Why Buy Caustic Soda 30% w/w Online from UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
ReAgent can supply Caustic soda 30% w/w in 500g containers and 25 kg bags. This product has a purity level over 98%, and minimum impurity levels. Full details can be found on the Sales Product Specification page, available to download from our website. We also offer further options, such as customised labelling or special blending. Contact us for more information.
Caustic Soda Reactions
Caustic soda, also known as sodium hydroxide (NaOH), is a highly reactive substance and can react with many different compounds:
- Reaction with strong acids: Caustic soda can react with acids, producing water and the respective salt, usually in an exothermic fashion. This type of reaction is frequently used in titrations. For example, in the presence of hydrochloric acid (HCl), the reaction is as follows:NaOH HCl -> NaCl H2O
- Reaction with oxides: Caustic soda can be used to avoid the release of dangerous gases, such as SO2 and CO2, produced in the coal industry, taking advantage of its ability to react with acidic oxides.NaOH CO2 -> Na2CO3 H2O
- Reaction with metals: A few transition metals react violently to caustic soda, including aluminium for example. This does not apply to iron, which can only react in the presence of acids.2Al 2 NaOH 6H2O -> 2Na[Al(OH)4)] 3H2
- Precipitation of transition metals: Caustic soda can be used to precipitate transition metal hydroxides
- Saponification reaction: Caustic soda is one of the basic ingredients in esterification reactions to produce soap
Free Technical Advice
With over 40 years’ experience, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer services. We offer free technical advice to all our customers, and provide support before, during and after your purchase to ensure our products meet your needs. Simply contact us for further information.
|Twaddell||65.3 - 66.3||°Tw|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1350||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|1350||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1350||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1350||P303+P361+P353||IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.|
|1350||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1350||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1350||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1.350||ADR/RID Shipping Name||SODIUM HYDROXIDE SOLUTION|
|1.350||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|1.350||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|