Muriatic Acid 2M
Need Something Else?
Need To Buy Muriatic Acid 2M?
- We supply muriatic acid in 2.5L containers with discounts available for bulk orders
- Further options are available with all our products, including customised labelling and bulk quantities
- Simply contact us for more information or free technical advice
How To Ensure Personal Protection When Using Muriatic Acid
Muriatic acid is a strong acid and it’s vital to follow appropriate procedures to ensure personal protection:
- Avoid skin and eye contact
- Work in a well-ventilated are or use breathing apparatus
- Wear appropriate protective clothing. It’s important to note that workers should wear acid-resistant clothing, including hood, eye and face protection if handling large amounts of this acid
- Areas, where muriatic acid is used on a regular basis, should be equipped with emergency showers and eyewash
- Staff should be trained in how to handle spillages or accidental exposure
- Staff should also be made aware of occupational exposure limits
- Muriatic acid should always be stored in a well-ventilated area away from metals and oxidising agents
When Not to Use Muriatic Acid
Also for safety reasons, there are some situations where the use of muriatic acid is contraindicated:
- Processes that involve alkaline substances or mixtures as this may produce an exothermic reaction
- Processes that involve mixing muriatic acid with cyanide compounds as this will result in the generation of hydrogen cyanide gas.
- Processes that could lead to occupational exposure without the use of personal protective equipment. To ensure safety of all staff handling this chemical, muriatic acid should be used as described within any supplied exposure scenarios
We are very proud of our rapid delivery service. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually dispatched within 24 hours after purchase. We offer a wide range of products from clinical reagents to specialist buffers and pharmaceutical chemicals. All products are available from our website, but a member of our customer service team will be glad to help over the phone if you need.
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1041||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1041||P234||Keep only in original container.|
|1041||P390||Absorb spillage to prevent material damage.|
|1.041||ADR/RID Shipping Name||HYDROCHLORIC ACID|
|1.041||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|1.041||ADR/RID Packing Group||III|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3457||Muriatic Acid 2M||publish||1041||https://www.chemicals.ie/uploads/documents/44 - 1041 - SDS11777.pdf|