Potassium Permanganate 0.1M
Need Something Else?
Looking for Potassium Permanganate 0.1M?
- We supply potassium permanganate 0.1M in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- In addition, we also supply potassium permanganate in solid form and a 5% w/v solution
- Full MSDS available to download from our website
Chemical and Physical Properties of Potassium Permanganate
This chemical is an inorganic compound with the formula KMnO4 previously known as permanganate of potash. It’s a strong oxidising agent and dissolves easily in water producing an intensely pink or purple solution.
- Molecular formula: KMnO4
- Molecular weight: 158 g/mol
- Odour and taste: Odourless with a sweet aftertaste
- Solubility: Soluble in organic solvents, including acetone, methanol and water
- Stability: Stable in dried forms, but unstable in solution. Can decompose in alcohol at about 240 degree Celsius with the production of oxygen. Contact with combustible organic compounds – such as polyhydroxyl – results in spontaneous ignition and violent combustion reactions
- Strong antibacterial properties
How Safe is Potassium Permanganate?
- Fire and explosion hazard: not combustible, but may enhance combustion or explosion in the presence of other chemicals. It can release toxic gases during a fire
- Skin contact: May cause skin irritation and redness
- Inhalation: If inhaled in large amounts it causes a burning sensation in the throat and potentially difficulties breathing. Cases of prolonged exposure may lead to lung oedema and cause permanent damage
- Ingestion: If ingested it may cause abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhoea
- In case of spillage: Staff may need chemical suits including breathing apparatus to clean spillages. In this case, sawdust or other combustible absorbents are not appropriate
We are very proud of our friendly service to all customers. If you need help, simply contact us and a member of staff will be glad to assist before, during and after your purchase to ensure our product meets your needs. We also offer free technical advice covering all our products.
|Potassium Permanganate||0.0998 - 0.1002||M|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1075||H411||Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1075||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1075||P273||Avoid release to the environment.|
|1.075||ADR/RID Shipping Name||ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, LIQUID, N.O.S. (POTASSIUM PERMANGANATE)|
|1.075||ADR/RID Shipping Class||9|
|1.075||ADR/RID Packing Group||III|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3601||Potassium Permanganate 0.1M||publish||1075||https://www.chemicals.ie/uploads/documents/44 - 1075 - SDS10534.pdf|