Sodium Hydroxide 1M (1N)
Need Something Else?
Why Should You Buy Sodium Hydroxide 1M From ReAgent?
- We supply sodium hydroxide 1M in 2.5L and 5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- We also offer sodium hydroxide in a variety of concentrations, including for laboratory and analytical use
- Further options available with all our products, such as personalised labelling and specific pack sizes
First Aid Measures – What To Do In The Event Of Exposure To Sodium Hydroxide
- Contact with eyes: Flush affected eye immediately with water, lifting the upper and lower lids. It’s important to emphasise that staff should not wear contact lenses when handling this chemical
- Contact with skin: In case of contact with skin, wash affected area with water and remove contaminated clothes. Seek medical assistance
- Breathing: In case of inhalation of large amounts of this chemical, move the person away from the source of exposure and out into fresh air. Keep the person calm and seek medical help
- Ingestion: In case of ingestion, offer some water to the affected person to rinse their mouth. If possible, the patient may drink small amounts of water while waiting for medical assistance
- Fire: In case of fire, it’s important to use appropriate fire extinguishers and spray water to keep containers exposed to fire cool. For fires involving sodium hydroxide, the best options are carbon dioxide, dry chemical or alcohol foam
- Spillages: In case of spillages, it’s important to ensure staff protection, including the use of self-breathing devices if needed. Small amounts of solid sodium hydroxide can be swept into covered plastic containers and disposed of according to local regulations. For larger amounts, it may be necessary to divert or construct barriers to avoid further contamination. Small amounts of solution can be absorbed with sand or other inert absorbent material. In case of a land spill, the affected area must be restricted by using sandbags or foamed polyurethane. It may be possible to neutralise with a dilute acidic solution
Safety Measures To Follow When Handling Sodium Hydroxide
Adequate ventilation is essential when handling this hazardous chemical. In addition, all staff must wear appropriate protective clothing, including safety goggles and gloves. Eyewash fountains must be available in case of accidental exposure.
Over 40 Years’ Experience
ReAgent has been established in the market as a chemical manufacturer for over 40 years, and during that period we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. Simply contact us for further information or free technical advice. A member of our dedicated customer service team will always be at hand to help you.
|Molarity||0.998 - 1.002||M|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1095||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|1095||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1095||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1095||P303+P361+P353||IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.|
|1095||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1095||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1095||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1.095||ADR/RID Shipping Name||SODIUM HYDROXIDE SOLUTION|
|1.095||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|1.095||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|