Sulfuric Acid 98% (Analytical Use)
Need Something Else?
Looking for Sulfuric Acid?
We supply sulphuric acid in 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders. We also offer a wide range of sulphuric acid products, with various concentrations and applications. In addition, with all our products we offer further options, including custom labelling and bespoke blending.
Chemical and Physical Properties of Sulfuric Acid
- Name: Sulfuric acid
- Alternative names: Dihydrogen sulphate, oil of vitriol, battery acid, dipping acid
- Molecular formula: H2SO4
- Molecular weight: 98 g/mol
- Appearance: Odourless and colourless liquid, with a viscous consistency and a marked acid taste
- Boiling point: 337°C (554°F)
- Melting point: 10°C (51°F)
- Solubility: Miscible in water and alcohol, generating heat
- Decomposition: Decomposes at high temperatures, releasing toxic gases including sulphur oxides
- Corrosivity: Extremely corrosive to most metals, with the exception of lead and steel
- pH: Forms acidic solutions
- Threshold odour: Most people can detect sulphuric acid at 1 mg/cu m, and it becomes irritating at 1.1 mg/cu m
- Therapeutic uses: Can be used in very diluted solutions to treat gastric hypoactivity
What is Sulfuric Acid Used For?
- Adhesives and bleaching products
- Fuel and fuel additives
- Ion exchange chemicals
- Pigments and dyes
- Plating agents and surface treating agents
- Petroleum production and propellants
- Solvents and surface active agents
- Adsorbents and absorbents
- Agricultural products
- Corrosion inhibitors and batteries
- Electrical and electronic products
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our friendly customer service. If you need assistance, simply call us and a member of staff will be glad to help you before, during and after your purchase to ensure our products meet your expectations.
We offer a wide range of products, from petrochemicals to pharmaceuticals, as well as speciality test kits and bespoke chemicals. With over 40 years’ experience in the field, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high-quality products and excellent customer care.
|Maximum Limits of Impurities|
|Heavy Metals (Pb)||<0.1||ppm|
|Non Volatile Matter||<20||ppm|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1216||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1216||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|1216||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1216||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1216||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1216||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1.216||ADR/RID Shipping Name||SULPHURIC ACID|
|1.216||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|1.216||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|